Saturday, January 6, 2007

2007 Stitching Challenge: Rose Lady


In the 2muchxs Yahoo! group I participate in, we have an annual challenge to begin a new piece on January 1. All that is needed is to put one stitch into your new piece to complete the challenge. I signed up to begin Rose Lady by Just Nan. It is one of my PILLs (Projects In Long Lines).

Well, life got in the way, as it sometimes does. I decided to put my efforts into beginning this blog on January 1st instead of stitch. The rest of the week I was visiting with my college-age daughter and trying to rearrange my Studio so that I could get back to stitching. I didn't get my first stitches in to my challenge piece until today. This is pretty nice progress, though.

Personally, I'd rather have a challenge to finish a piece than to start one.
:: shrug ::
To each his own.

Anyway, when I bought this chart, I was more intrigued by the finishing technique than by the design ... though I think the design is quite pretty. Rose Lady came in a package with one of Just Nan's Easy Easel Needlework or Photo Frames. It's a simple 3-1/4" satin covered frame with an insert that you wrap your stitchery around, then pop the corners of the stitchery into the frame opening. A twisted cord can be added for embellishment. Pretty.

I may or may not put a ladybug charm on this piece. I'm going to alter the chart a bit so that if I decide I don't want to use the charm, the piece will still look complete.

No comments: