Monday, January 1, 2007

Be a Voyeur!


It's official! With this post I am entering the
blogosphere as an author, editor, Creative Pilgrim.

Thank you for peeking through my Studio Window to see what I'm up to on my Creative Journey. Starting in June of 2006, I decided to quit my day job and take some time to explore the talents lying hidden or dormant inside me. I'm hoping that after a couple years, I'll know better where I can put my talents and resources to help make this world a better place -- and maybe get a new job. I'm on Day 199 today.

I've been actively posting my progress on my website, CameoRoze's Stitcher's Studio. My Studio is my refuge ... both the brick & mortar studio and my digital studio. I have lots of interests including:

Needlework
My particular love is counted cross-stitch. But I also enjoy crochet, knitting, silk ribbon embroidery, a bit of canvas work, and other forms of embroidery. In 2007 I'm putting a special emphasis on UFOs, WISPs and PILLs (unfinished objects, works in slow progress and projects in long lines). I plan creating lots of posts with these in mind. To help me along, I've joined Sandie's UFO/WISP Challenge.

Needlework Finishing
It's great to stitch the needlework, but lots of stitchers get stuck with what do with the piece once the stitching is done. I like to try various methods to turn needlework into objects ready to display. When I learn a new technique, I make step-by-step slide shows so that visitors to my site can learn, too.

Photography
I post a photo each day. Sometimes it's an artsy shot, other times it's family snapshots. I'd like to learn more about photography. So I'm starting by just getting in the habit of taking pictures.

Crafts, Sewing and Quilting
I'm open to trying all kinds of crafts. I have a special fondness for creating Christmas ornaments. I quilt each week with a group of "church ladies," the St. George's Quilters. In addition my best friend keeps trying to infect me with the Quiltie Bug, so this area of my studio may grow.

Reading
I'm a librarian at heart. I like to read and listen to audio books. Then I post book reviews on my site.

Clutter
One of these days I'll start selling some of my extras on eBay. Until then, I've got things for sale on my website. For those that like used stitchery leaflets and used books, this is a treasure trove. Besides that, I donate 10% of all items sold to Oprah's Angel Network.

Family
I imagine you'll get a glimpse at the most important people in my life if you peek through my window long enough. And ... uh ... I have a fondness for giraffes which may reveal itself here and there. :)

Soapbox
Here's where I give my point of view, my opinions, talk about the charities that are important to me, my politics, etc. Since this blog will primarily highlight my needlework and crafts, I don't anticipate jumping on the soapbox a lot here ... but you just never know! I get pretty excited about Flylady, and have a hard time keeping quiet about her system.

I'm glad you stopped by and hope that as the year progresses, you'll find lots of ideas and inspiration here as you peek through my Studio Window.

Cameo @-->-->---

No comments: