Thursday, January 4, 2007

Day 202: Santa Baby

I've added a new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section:
Day 202 - Santa

Isn't this a great-looking ornament? I just love the detail in his face ... the crinkly smile lines around his eyes.

The challenge with this photo was in playing with my photo editing software. I was pleased to find the fun edges to add to my photos.

But I had some trouble in my paint program when I tried to change the white edge to burgundy. While messing around, I learned that what I want to accomplish has something to do with layers and transparencies. I almost got the program to do what I wanted, but the quality of the photograph deteriorated too much. Then I ran out of "play time," so just uploaded the photo as it.

I am looking forward to taking a digital photography class. It's one of my goals for 2007. My photos will become more and more effective as I learn to use my tools better.

No comments: