Monday, March 12, 2007

Day 267: Jodie's Boise Adventure

I added this new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section, MathCounts: The Competition Begins

Jodie and I traveled to Boise, Idaho for the MathCounts state competition. We were both a bit nervous about the trip. Me, because I don't do a lot of driving and traveling to unknown places. Jodie, because she wasn't sure what to expect in the competition. She placed 9th in the regionals, but was quite new to the math team and was not feeling prepared.

But we found our way to Boise. We found our way to the hotel (very nice!) We found our way to the BSU student union. And we found our way into the competition. It was a big challenge. Jodie did not do as well as she hoped. But one of her old friends did quite well and made it to nationals.

Jodie and I spent the rest of the time in Boise acting like tourists. I'll post some of what we saw over the next few days.

No comments: