Friday, April 6, 2007

Day 294: Downtown ...

I added this new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section, Spokane Beauty.

On this last day of Spring Break, Jodie and I decided to spend the day in downtown Spokane. Now, the city center isn't all that far from where I live. Maybe 40 miles. But I rarely go to downtown Spokane. It's probably been 10 years since I've really done any all-day shopping there.

But I just knew that Jodie would love seeing River Park Square and walking amid the tall buildings. She loves the atmosphere in large cities. So we had some "Mommy-Jodie Time" today and spent eleven hours shopping, reveling in the glorious spring day, and enjoying each other's company.

We wandered through most of the shops and boutiques in River Park Square. Then walked down the street to my favorite book store, Auntie's. On the way back to the parking garage, we had a slice of pie and some fresh squeezed lemonade at Cyrus O'Leary's. (We had a great table right in the front window of the photo shown on their web page.)

Outside the pie shop, we saw these lovely daffodils and tulips in full bloom. They were planted in window boxes so that both pedestrians and patrons could enjoy their beauty.

But what I love most about this photo is that the tall buildings and Parkade are reflected in the window behind the flowers. To me, this shows two different aspects of the beauty in downtown Spokane. It's truly a "snapshot" of our great day together.

No comments: