Saturday, April 28, 2007

Day 316: Ornamental Flowering Tree

I added this new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section, Ornamental Flowering Tree

We have a tree in our back yard that is quite a mystery. Most of the branches bear these beautiful pink flowers every spring. But it appears that grafted onto this tree is a branch that bears white flowers. I don't know what the main tree is, nor the white flowering branch. But each year when it bursts into color, it's my favorite tree in the the yard.

I love three things about this image. I like the imperfection of the upper petals in this flower. It's beginning to wilt. I love the big blob of pollen or whatever on the tip of that one stamen. And I love the way the shadows of the stamen fall on the lower petals. Beauty in imperfection.

A lot like me. ;)

No comments: