Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Day 326: MacroDay -- Refresh

I added this new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section, Refresh

theme this week:
"Five"

Lots of folks have posted images of flowers with five leaves. I was thinking about doing something with the Roman numeral five [ V ], but someone used that idea before I got to it.

Then I thought it would be fun to take a photo of a five-year-old child doing something typical. But I don't have a five-year-old in my everyday life right now ... and I'm pretty cautious about posting photos of other people's kids on the Internet without their parent's permission.

As I was contemplating other ideas, I refreshed my monitor's image. And I saw it. F5 — the "Refresh" button!

I grabbed my camera at that moment and started snapping shots. It was about midnight, and the lighting in my studio is not great at that time of night. So I played with the placement of my portable full spectrum light, and caught this shot.

What I adore about the photo is all the flotsam and jetsam on the keyboard. Lots of lint and dust and, likely, dead skin. But the F5 key is relatively clean. I use that key quite a lot!

To make the gunk stand out even better, I changed the photo from full color to sepia tones, and upped the sharpness and contrast. I also played with enhancing the edges of the keys.

I don't know that I'll come out as a top photo in the MacroDay voting, but I know this photo is a winner in my book! If you like what you see, please do consider voting for my photo next week.

No comments: