Saturday, June 23, 2007

Day 371: Back in the Saddle Shoes

I added a new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section, Wiggle Room

A couple weeks of transitioning from the school year to a summer schedule had really knocked my exercise routine off track! A couple days ago, I tied on my trusty Dr. Scholl's, grabbed my CD player and camera, and headed out the door for my two-mile walk.

One of my California friends was wondering what my walk is like here in north Idaho. He imagined plenty of crisp fresh air, open spaces and woodland beasts.

Well, I get a few squirrels and quail as regular co-walkers — especially if I take the route through the neighborhood park. But usually I just walk around my suburban neighborhood. Track homes, mostly. But so many of my neighbors have the prettiest gardens that I use them for photo fodder.

I decided to drop off the beaten path a little on this walk. A shady green belt runs behind one row of houses, then pops back onto the sidewalk. I love the way the pavement wiggles over the rolling landscape here. No need for straight lines while meandering through a neighborhood, right?

No comments: