Friday, June 8, 2007

Days 356 & 357: ShutterDay — Frankie ... and the Oregon Coast

I added this new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section, Frankenstein's Monster

theme this week:
"Famous"

Good ol' Frankie.

Good ol' wax Frankie.

The ShutterDay challenge this week is to photograph someone or something famous ... and I just don't live near Hollywood any more, so don't have a lot of famous people around to photograph.

True, Patty Duke does live nearby. Has for years. But I've never seen her in person.

I could also have photographed a famous landmark. But I doubt most of you care about Treaty Rock, though it's important to our town.

So once again, I dug through the archives of my photos. Back in 2003 we took a family vacation to the Oregon Coast. It was one of the last we took before our oldest daughter moved out to attend college. Besides enjoying the beach, flying kites and going to the Undersea Gardens and Ripley's Believe It Or Not (which scared little Jodie), we visited the Wax Works Museum.

That's where I met Frankie up close and personal ... and took his picture. Nice, eh?

But then, we also got to see this:

This stormy sunset greeted us when we arrived in Newport.

Wow.

Kinda makes it worth the drive with three not-always-happy and slightly carsick girls in the back seat, doesn't it?








No comments: