Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Day 405: Home of the Big Boy

I added a new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section, Bob's Big Boy

Another food stop. Are you seeing a pattern here?

When I was growing up in southern California, there was a chain of coffee shops all over called Bob's Big Boy. In front of each was this statue of Bob. And every kid I know climbed on him and had a photo taken with him. It was just the thing to do!

I've learned that most Bob's Big Boys have now closed. But this one classic Bob's is still open not far from where I was staying. This is where John and I had our final lunch before I flew back to Idaho. So we just had to get a classic Bob shot ... or two.

I like this one where my kiss just about knocks ol' Bob over. Good, doncha think? And so true to life. My kisses do have that effect on all the big boys I know!
;D

No comments: