Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Day 425: The Happy Couple

I added a new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section, The Newlyweds

My daughter Jeanne and her new husband Mathew are in the area for a week. Mathew's dad is doing poorly, and they wanted to be able to spend as much time as possible with him.

But while Mathew was busy with family matters, I got to have my daughter at home for an overnight visit. We did the usual Mom and daughter stuff:
* weeded the iris hill and side yard
* fixed an electrical tool
* cuddled up in bed and visited (we've done that since she was a toddler)
* played beauty shop
* went out to the lingerie store to buy some necessities
* told old stories and relived memories
* and just for old time's sake, I got to play chauffeur for Jeanne and Jodie and drive them to the theater so they could have some one-on-one sister time

Mathew came by tonight and they opened one of their gifts from us (something Jeanne craved) -- a chocolate fountain. Now they can have a party in their home and dip strawberries to their heart's content.

I also showed Jeanne the wedding sampler I want to stitch for them. Jeanne approved the pattern and helped me pick out appropriate colors. Finally I'll get to stitching on another project! (Photos to follow soon). I've been away from my needlework for far too long.

As they were heading out the door, Mathew asked, "So, do I get to call you 'Mom' now?"
Wow. I was not expecting -- or ready for -- that question! I've never had a son before, and having him call me 'Mom' feels a little weird.
"Uh. How about 'Margaret-Mom' .... no ... "mMom"!
Mathew laughed at that one. "mMom. That pretty much fits! Matches your sense of humor."

I th-think that one will l-likely st-stick. mMom it is!

1 comment:

Kathyd said...

Thank you for sharing soooo much.
I hung on every pixel...and word.
Can hardly wait for the promised follow-up photos.
Kathyd