Sunday, September 9, 2007

Day 436: High Flyers

I added a new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section, Silverwood: Corkscrew

For all my recent complaining about the commute to Silverwood, I now get to have a few days on the flip side. One of the perks of Jodie working at the theme park is that she gets a couple free tickets each payday that she can share with family and friends.

So for the first time this year, Dale and I used two of her tickets and had an afternoon date. 'Twas a very nice day!

We had another day of north Idaho's ideal September weather. Mid 70s. Clear skies. Soft breezes. Perfectly lovely. Great "top down" weather for a ride in the convertible!

We dropped Jodie off at the employee entrance, then went around front with the rest of the tourists, and entered the park. Since summer is over, Boulder Beach is closed. The crowds are considerably lessened. There were barely any lines for the rides. We got close aisle seats for the magic show. There were plenty of free tables at the High Noon Saloon. And the roving performers were easily approachable. Plus, all souvenirs were 50% off!

Over the next few days, I'll post lots of photos (I took almost 100!)

But for today, I'll start with this roller coaster. I mentioned the Corkscrew on Day 429. Well, today I got to stand right beneath it as the riders flipped upside down on the second loop. Love this shot!

Over the next few days I plan to post more images of our outing. But tonight, I a bit tired from the adventure, so I'll just leave you hanging ...

;)

1 comment:

CameoRoze (Margaret) said...

My daughter Jeanne e-mailed this comment to me:

From the artist's perspective... those are great colors! Very clear, almost all primaries, it is a great shot. Love the perspective, too. LOL