Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Day 439: The Magic Show

I added a new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section, Silverwood: It's Magic!

Another must do event each time I visit Silverwood is to attend the World of Magic show. We were extremely lucky on this visit.

After getting our popcorn and drinks, we were able to get seats very close to the stage and right on the center aisle. It's one reason I was able to get this photo ... I was close enough to the stage lights that I could take a photo without a flash.

The magician for this show was Nick Norton, son of the park's owner. What a great stage presence! His long, lean lines and practiced hands were mesmerizing.

Before the show, he came into the audience to do some close-up magic and card tricks.

During the show, there was levitation of people and objects. Some switcheroo stuff with his pretty assistants. And fun tricks with cards and bits of flying paper debris.

I was lucky enough to be chosen for one of the audience participation bits. He levitated the table in this picture, flew it around the room over the audience's heads, then back onto stage. That's where I got to help show that there were no strings attached by lifting the edges of the purple tablecloth.

There's something wonderful about being present at magic shows. I'm a true sucker for the illusions and a very eager and appreciative member of the audience.

If you want to know more about Silverwood, check out this interview on Roller Coaster Alley.

No comments: