Thursday, September 13, 2007

Day 440: Lighter Than Air

I added a new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section, Silverwood:
Panic Plunge

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I am not a daredevil. Oh, sure. I can do some things without batting an eye that scares the bejeezus out of lots of people, like speaking before a large crowd or singing in public. But I'm a chicken when it comes to trying things that are new to me (like using a cell phone!)

So I surprised even myself last weekend when I decided to go on one of the newest rides at Silverwood, the Panic Plunge.

I really don't know what got into me! Jodie was working at Gravity Dog, a hot dog stand in Roller Coaster Alley. When we went to visit her there, I looked up at this 140 foot tower and thought, "I want to try that!"

Dale thought I was nuts. But I popped into line and got on the ride quickly, before I had time to change my mind. I really didn't know what to expect.

I actually enjoyed the ride up! I was seated on the opposite side from where this photo was taken, looking east over Timber Terror and Hwy 95. Then we got to the top ... heard the hydraulic release ... and I became airborne on the way down! My bottom actually came up off the seat! It was like a really fast, bad elevator ride where your stomach climbs up into your esophagus.

Exhilarating!

I was so dang proud of myself for stepping out of my comfort zone that way!

And just for some perspective, look at how high the tower is above the roller coaster, the Ferris wheel and the rest of the park!

I've impressed even myself!

No comments: