Monday, September 17, 2007

Day 444: A Moonlight Walk

I added this new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section, Reaching for Moonlight

One very nice thing about living in north Idaho is that our home is in a very safe neighborhood. It's not unusual to go out for a walk in the moonlight and meet several neighbors doing the same thing. Walking their dogs. Riding bikes. Enjoying the soft early fall evenings.

Tonight I decided to take a different route than I normally take. I walked west, toward the setting sun. The crescent moon rising over the hills to the south (truly ... we're that far north that the moon floats in the southern sky).

This vibrant flower was growing in a curbside garden with its siblings, stems stretched toward the moon, petals opened wide to display its brilliant colors, dancing and swaying in the light autumn breeze.

No comments: