Sunday, September 30, 2007

Day 457: Silver Delight

I added this new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section, Dusty Miller

When Dale and I first rented a home together and started taking care of a yard, this was one of the first plants that I was able to grow. Guess you can say I don't have much of a green thumb. If you were foolish enough to utter those words, it would be quite the understatement!

But I could grow Dusty Miller, and it was hardy enough to come back year after year.

This one was growing in a neighbor's yard. I found it looking good while all the plants around it have succumbed to the frost. Fall is certainly all around now. The pine needles are raining down with the brisk winds. We even had to turn the heat on in the house this weekend. C-H-I-L-L-Y!!

But the real sign of fall? The Halloween candy and costumes are cascading in the aisles of every grocery and discount store in town.

No comments: