Thursday, September 20, 2007

WIP: Wedding Sampler [6]


Oh, I'm so close to having this finished now!

Did you notice that I stitched the date WRONG the first time? I had them married in September instead of August. So I changed the 9 to an 8, with a bit of frogging and finesse!

The new Sampler Threads arrived in today's mail. I'd say that is superb service! I ordered them on the evening of September 14 (a Friday). So I'm thrilled to have them in hand -- and in sampler -- already! FibersandThreads.com is a winner in my book!

So I stitched the word "Sure" today. All that's left is to find a yellow that is a bit brighter so that the Xs and Os stop fading into the background. I'm not going to frog the stitches (rippit, rippit, rippit). Instead I'll just use one strand of a darker or brighter fiber and go over what I've already stitched so that they "pop" off the fabric a bit better.

Then sign, date, wash and frame.

I'm so thrilled that this wedding sampler went together so quickly! My daughter and Mathew have been married just one month today.

[Happy 'Monthiversary' Honey!]

2 comments:

Jeje Strobe said...

WOW! It's BEAUTIFUL!! I've been following along, but didn't say anything before, just watching to see how it came out! (Thanks for catching the date, I didn't see that before ;) )

I'm so excited to see how it looks finished! Thank you!!!

CameoRoze (Margaret) said...

Aw, sweetie {{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}

So glad you like it!

Can't believe you didn't see the messed up date.
LOL
Knew for sure you'd give me head noogies for that blunder.

Hope to have it to you before your October "monthiversary"!

~ Mom