Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Book Review: Life on the Refrigerator Door

This wonderful book is about 15 year old Claire and her single mother, a busy OB/GYN. School, boyfriends, babysitting and work keep them on opposite schedules. They have very little time when they are both awake and in the same room together. Very little time to talk. Instead, they leave messages for one another on the refrigerator door.


The entire book is made up of these messages between mother and daughter. They share news. They ask each other for help. They even fight with each other in these short messages.


I love this book. I read it with my middle daughter, Julie. The dialogue is incredibly real to life!

It's a 5 Star rating from me.

If you'd like to read my entire book review, check out The Bookshelf on my website.

No comments: