Saturday, November 10, 2007

Day 498: A Proud Mommy Look

I added this new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section,
Writer Jo

My daughters say I get this certain look on my face when they've had an accomplishment that they demonstrate to me or the world.

They call it "The Proud Mommy Look."

I get it when I watch Jeanne or Jodie perform in band. I get it when Julie shows me her latest non-fiction writing. I got it when they "became women" and got their first periods ... their first kisses. (Stop groaning, girls).

Moms are weird that way. We like to see our kids in their milestones. We like to express our joy in what they can do.

Jodie said that in their 8th grade band concert, she and her best friend were sitting next to each other in the flute section. When they looked up and saw their respective moms, each of us had the same Proud Mommy Look on our face. They cracked up ... but I secretly think they were looking for it.

The other day, I popped over to Jodie's blog, A Lotta Waffle, to see what she's been writing. Imagine my Proud Mommy Look when I read her Halloween entry: My Mom is Awesome

1 comment:

Kathryn in NZ said...

Love it! Jess' is extremely ambivalent about the Proud Mama thing, especially as I can't help sharing with the whole world how fab I think she is.
Parenting so about getting the balance right, don't you think?