Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Day 501: My Kind of Stampin'

I added this new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section,

theme this week: "Stamp"

Seems I haven't done much with the MacroDay challenges for a while. But this week's theme seemed interesting ... or at least I had an idea for unique twist on the idea.

This is actually a close-up image from a favorite childhood hardbound book, If Everybody Did by Jo Ann Stover, copyright 1960. I looked for a copy off and on for years. In checking Amazon.com, I see it is back in print as a soft cover book!

Hooray! RUN! Get this one!

Oh, my gosh, this book makes me laugh! The premise is that if only one person did a *bad* thing ... like jump in the mud ... that could be fun. No big deal, right?

But what would our world look like if EVERYBODY did the same bad thing? Our world would be one heck of a mess!

You've really got to keep your eye on the cat in each illustration. That poor animal seems to get the brunt of all the bad stuff that happens.

Every house with a child needs a copy of this book.
Every grandparent needs a copy of this book.

Ah, heck. Let's get in the spirit ..
Buy this book?
This is what would happen if everybody did!

No comments: