Monday, December 3, 2007

Sunday Secrets: Dec 02, 2007

PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard. I find it to be an amazing sociological experiment. Here are the new secrets that resonate with me:

After my folks died and I was put in charge of their estate, a lot of bad feelings flew around between the siblings. I had the responsibility of making some tough decisions ... some of which were unpopular. I became the estranged one at that point. And yes, sometimes I do feel this healthier and happier. Other times, I just miss the closeness I used to have with my siblings.

He told me not to "kiss and tell." He told me I should not write what happened in my diary. I know this because I read that old journal again this year. Seeing his words enraged me. I've been telling the story since then. I confronted him last summer.

But I was still scared.

No comments: