Saturday, December 22, 2007

Sunday Secrets: Dec 16, 2007

My blogging has slowed considerably this month. I hope to be writing and posting photos on a more regular basis after the holiday season. I am, however, still checking in on PostSecret every week. Just love that site!

PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard. I find it to be an amazing sociological experiment. Here are last week's secrets that resonate with me:

I have a good friend that loves and raises dogs. BIG dogs. Wolf hounds ... along with other assorted mutts. She is a rebel hippy at heart, now reaching into her "mature" years. But she still talks and thinks just like the sentiment on this postcard. A rebel to the heart. I just love her.


Oh! This is where I'm trying to get! To grow out of the skin of the little girl, and become the woman I can be!

My skin is not shedding yet. But I do feel like it's beginning to get too small for my soul.



One of my sisters does not celebrate Christmas ... for lots of reasons. It would be easy for all of us to no longer like this time of year. Our mom died just three days after Christmas. That was ten years ago.

For me it's the opposite. I LOVE the Christmas season BECAUSE of my mom. She was the one that took us to see the decorated department store windows in the big city. She was the one that took us to that magical street full of Christmas lights. She was the one that kept us out of the back bedroom because is was full of Christmas secrets ... Santa's workshop. She was the one that taught me to make Christmas cookies from the family recipes. She planted the seeds of Christmas traditions that I carry out.

This year, I'm not quite ready for Christmas. It was a tumultuous year for me. My insides are still a bit jumbled. My actions are not quite focused. But I'm preparing the best I'm able, and am looking forward to the celebration this week.

No comments: