Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sunday Secrets: Jan 13, 2008

PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard. I find it to be an amazing sociological experiment. Here's the one secret from today that resonates with me:

This is exactly how I felt after George W. Bush was elected president for the 2nd time. My stomach dropped to my knees. I set my jaw. I held my breath, and let it out v-e-r-y slowly. Then I bowed my head and shook it.

Come ON people! WHAT are you thinking?!

Now we're in a new presidential election cycle. Being married to a political scientist has its merits. My wonderful husband is not only politically savvy, but he is an excellent teacher and a great person to spar with verbally. We enjoy the whole thing.

Last week's primary in New Hampshire brought out the best in me. After being so full of chagrin for so long, it was great to go to sleep with a heart full of hope. I want a leader with a positive vision. I want to listen to a president who is a gifted orator. I want to follow a centrist leader.

We liberal souls are being offered the stirrings of hope. It's been a long time coming.

No comments: