Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Day 555: Doctor, Doctor ... Give Me the News

I added this new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section, Waiting Room

The help of Jenny and the persistence of my exercise program is really starting to pay off.

Sure, the weight is coming off. I'm ready to get the next size down in pants again.

But the more exciting news for me came at the doctor's office this week after my quarterly blood draw. ALL my numbers have shown drastic improvement.

Blood pressure? Like a teenager!
Resting heart rate? Like an athlete!
HDL? LDL? Liver function? All within normal ranges.
Blood sugar? Super! I may soon have no more diabetic symptoms.

But my biggest nemesis of all ... triglycerides? WAY, Way, way down.
I've been fighting that number for years. Now it's so good I get to cut my meds in half.

Talk about a happy dance!

Oh, yeah ..... and my doctor greeted me with, "Well, hello, Skinny!"
That was nice to hear.
He's been my doctor for 23 years.
I've never seen him look so proud of my progress.

4 comments:

CameoRoze (Margaret) said...

My sweet niece sent me an e-mail. In part, she wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS!

I know how weight loss is good, but getting healthy and stronger keeps you more motivated and happier.

Thanks for sharing your stories. You are a great inspiration and motivator for me!

CameoRoze (Margaret) said...

An friend from my hometown wrote, too! She said:

Congratulations Margaret!
You have my total admiration!!
k

CoCo said...

Hey Margaret!! Way to go!!!

I am so happy for you and I actually want to thank YOU for sharing the news.

I needed the inspiration today, as I sat at my computer thinking, "I don't feel like taking a walk today -- I'm too stiff and my legs hurt." Now I'm gonna go get dressed and out the door!

All the best,
Colleen

sapphireroze said...

yay! I'm really excited to hear this news. ATTA GIRL!