Thursday, February 7, 2008

Happy Dance: Giraffe Magnet and MORE!

I did another new-for-me kind of finishing technique today: a refrigerator magnet made with a foam core base.

I've outlined the steps on this finishing technique in my Stitcher's Studio in Cameo's Corner.



But here's what I'm really excited about!

As many of you know, I have a section on my website devoted to Needlework Finishing tutorials which I call


This is where I have several needlework finishing "slide shows" that give clear, step-by-step directions on how I do some of my finishing techniques.

Well, I don't always have time to take the photos and make the slide shows when I try a new technique. For years, I just added that information to the page in Cameo's Corner, my stitching gallery, where I explain each project.

So today, I gathered all that finishing information together and added a new list of links to the index page of Cameo's Completions! I even surprised myself by how many different types of finishes I've attempted. There are links to SIXTY-NINE different types of finishes!

Now, most of these links do not lead to full-fledged tutorials. But there is enough information and eye candy on each page to help stir your juices and give you the courage to try a new finishing technique yourself!

Please grab a cuppa and pop on over to my website for a while. Follow the links to find a new bit of needlework finishing inspiration!

No comments: