Friday, February 29, 2008

Just Start. You Only Need to Begin

Oh, I love this!

How often do I think about a job that needs to be done, picture in my head what tools I need to do it, maybe even gather the supplies?

Then let it sit.

I know that part of my hesitancy comes from being unsure that I'll figure out how to finish a job I begin if I don't have all the directions readily available. I get worried that I'll mess something up or not be able to figure my way around likely problems.

But turning the problem over in my mind does not get the job done. Sure, it's a first step. But eventually, I just need to jump in and start and believe I can pick up the cues along the way that will help me make reasonable decisions and take the steps needed to bring the job to completion.

But I do have to start.

1 comment:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

You are telling my story!! I have a project spread out now on my table that I have been walking around for two years. Thinking about it. Thinking about how fine it will be when I do it. etc. etc. I had a great "AHA! moment" about it today - but got distracted doing something else. I like your work - would love to see what you are turning over in your mind presently.