Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sunday Secrets: Feb 17, 2008

PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard. I find it to be an amazing sociological experiment. Three secrets that resonated with me today:


Ah! A stranger did this for me once when my girls were toddlers. My car died. I had no way to contact my husband. I was too far from home to carry my girls. The kindest man gave us a ride. It was a leap of faith on my part. I'm so grateful for the goodness of strangers.


Oh, man. Noisy neighbors. Hated having them in college.
After I got married, I heard the phrase "neighbor-wakin' love."
It's stuck with me ever since. Makes me laugh.

A friend of mine told a tale of being on the road and having noisy hotel neighbors. The friend stood and listened for the longest time, enjoying the show. My friend's traveling companion was appalled. My friend was enthralled.




So glad my husband has more sense than this. Real friends are hard to come by —
and easy enough to lose all on my own.


No comments: