Monday, March 24, 2008

Sounds Like a "15 Minute Day"


On Mondays, I perform our Home Blessing. It's a routine of tidying up that puts our home back in order after a weekend where family activities might allow the house to get a bit disheveled.

It's a blessing, not a chore, because as I sweep and mop and vacuum and tidy and wash and dust and remove trash, I know that our home will be a pleasant place for Jodie and Dale to come home to. With things in place, clutter gone, good aromas and calm surfaces, there are less distractions in our surroundings and we can focus better on one another.

It's an excellent feeling of accomplishment, too.

So I do a task, take a break, do another task ... and before I know it, all is well with my world. I think it's all in the attitude with which one approaches the task at hand.

1 comment:

Kathryn in NZ said...

LOL - I do mine on a Sat morning so that it's nice for when I get back from taking the girls to various activities. Oh, and for DH if he gets home from work before us.
Plus I get the rest of the weekend to not think about housework!