Monday, April 21, 2008

Day 607: Cleaning Out the Game Closet

I added this new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section, Dice

Today was my third digital photography class. It was the first time we shared some of our photos with our classmates. I'd been pretty nervous about it. Critiques are sometimes difficult to accept. But all was well and I learned a couple things that should help my photos get better.

This was one of my test shots today. I'm trying to learn about histograms and how they can help me have a good balance between light and dark in my photos.

Dale and I cleaned out our family game closet a couple weeks ago. I found some classic game pieces that I decided to photograph and see if I can make them look cool. Thus, the old dice. In real life, they are quite a bit more yellowed than in this image. Lighting ... a tricky thing!

No comments: