Monday, April 28, 2008

Stop


Part of being a human being is to stop doing long enough to be.

Here's an example. I got off to a slow start this morning. Had trouble sleeping, so woke up groggy. Then I got sidetracked by my beckoning computer. I finally got upstairs, did my morning routine and continued on to my weekly home blessing. Now that the sun is out, part of blessing my home is to sweep off the front porch and the back deck.

All of that went well today. The house is sparkling. The floors swept, vacuumed, mopped. Laundry is going. Dishes are done. Dusting is complete. Hot spots have been cleared off. Trash from around the house taken outside. All that stuff.

When I got done, I took my morning snack and wondered out on the back deck. I was listening to a show on my mp3 player so that I wouldn't have to hear the neighbor's dogs barking at me. I leaned against the railing with the sun on my back, good news in my ears, good food in my bowl (LOVE raspberries!) and just stopped to take time to enjoy my achievements.

Today, I was able push on with my day instead of getting bogged down in yearnings and memories. I call that a success.

No comments: