Friday, June 13, 2008

Day 659: Only the Good Die Young

I added this new photograph
to Creative Journey
in my Photography section,
Street Moth

I found this rather large moth lying dead in the street. Perhaps the image is morbid. I mean, the poor thing is cut open with some yellow ooze coming out of it. And then, it is dead.

It's just ... it looked so cool. I don't much like bugs, especially if they are crawling on me or buzzing about my ears. But when you get to see one so close up, they're pretty neat. Just look at the subtle variation of color in the wings. Look at his chest ... all soft and hairy-looking. Look at how giant the eye is in proportion to the rest of his head. If you look closely, you can even see striped things on his antennae. Or ... was that a leg. Hard to figure from this angle.

Poor little blighter didn't get to live very long. But now he's immortalized.

No comments: