Sunday, June 15, 2008

Day 661: Forest Floor Fungus

I added this new photograph to Creative Journey
in my Photography section, Spotted 'Shroom

I like taking these kinds of photos that make me put my belly in the dirt, scrunch up in unflattering positions, and find a way to hold still to get a clear shot. Taking this kind of photo requires a lot of concentrated effort ... and a healthy dose of not caring what I look like so long as my photo looks good.

This gritty, earthy mushroom was growing on the side of the road, just up the hill from my home. I saw it while taking my walk, and it's unique beauty stopped me in my tracks. I love this mushroom's tenacity. It grew right there amid the pine needles, and didn't even bother shaking them off as it pressed upward. I like the ridges. The spots of crud. The variations in color and texture.

I like that I pay close enough attention to what is around me that something as simple as this mushroom stops me in my tracks.

No comments: