Friday, July 11, 2008

Anti-Procrastination


When I get really stuck, I find this to be very good advice.

Some mornings, it's just hard to get the motor running, hard to get started. But if I can drag myself out of bed (or away from the computer) and start with the simplest thing, it gets the ball rolling. For me, that's making my bed.

That simple act leads to picking up my clothes. Taking a shower. Spritzing on some fragrance. Starting the laundry. Unloading the dishwasher. Wiping off the counters. Put away piles of stuff on the dining room table. Straighten the living room.

One thing just starts following the next. I do piddly jobs in the circle of my home. Before you know it, the day starts taking form and things get done.

Until I get waylaid on my computer again!

1 comment:

CoCo said...

Oh, wow is this ever great! And, as to your last sentence ---- is that ever true for me as well!!

Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great day!

Cheers,
Colleen