Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Weird Head Space


My head feels befuddled today. No particular reason that I can think of ... except maybe this.

Yesterday I was contacted by a couple high school classmates on Facebook. I like being contacted. I don't have many bad feelings about high school like so many folks I know do.

But it does tend to put me in a weird head space. Thinking about the young woman I was becoming at the time. Remembering how often my naivet'e got me into trouble. Remembering how easily influenced I was by what others said ... or thought of me. Trying so hard to find a place to fit in.

When I get in a weird head space, it's difficult to "silence the world." Must mean I need to spend some time in meditation today. Get back in touch with today's inner longings, then make the best of it.

No comments: