Sunday, August 31, 2008

Another Way to Say It


I prepare the images for the Today's Phrase posts about a month in advance. So it always surprises me when these phrases dovetail so well into something specific in my life.

This one, for example, which I prepared and labeled a month ago, speaks so succinctly to the story I told last night. It was time for the old cutting boards to go. Time for me to let fall away another remnant of that first failed marriage. Time for me to bring to the forefront of my mind the important empirical lessons I learned from my grandmother.

Now look at what is left! This shiny new marriage that works! (And a couple new, upgraded cutting boards, to boot).

It wasn't all that big a piece of the pie that had to go. And there's a whole hunk of my life and memories left to enjoy.

1 comment:

Maureen Reynolds said...

Thanks for the very sweet comment on my birthday. The stories of letting go of the cutting boards and the first marriage and the memories is oh so true. I still find myself with little scraps of memory or wishes or resentments that I didn't know I had.

Layers of that onion...