Thursday, August 14, 2008

Feeling Scholarly


The hospital where my friend had her surgery is directly across the street from the Yale campus in New Haven. A couple days before the procedure, we made a dry run from central Connecticut down to the hospital so we could get our bearings.

Once we felt comfortable with that trek, we started exploring. We drove all over the Yale campus. Got lost a couple times (more Plan B activities). Enjoyed the wonderful architecture. Marveled at the halls of learning and history that we were wandering through.

We stopped and took a quick tour of the Peabody Museum of natural history, enjoying the bugs, crystals, Indian artifacts, birds and dinosaur bones. Then we headed over to the Yale Bookstore where we had a good time picking out souvenirs for my family.

Spending this kind of time together before the surgery was fun and energizing. Dreaming of actually being a student at Yale was pretty awesome, too. Yale is a far cry from Lewis-Clark State College where my friend and I met!

I've got to talk my youngest daughter into at least touring the Yale campus before deciding where she wants to go to college, yes?

No comments: