Saturday, August 30, 2008

Keep It Up


One of my favorite phrases I use to keep myself on track is:
I have Drive, Spirit, Stamina and Endurance

I tell ya ... those qualities are really important as I continue on this weight loss journey. My husband and I have been at it for a year now. I've lost a total of 20 lbs on the program ... over 30 from my highest weight ... at my best, I was 40 lbs down (then regained some). I'm thrilled at the changes we've both had.

But last month, I was completely worn out from the menus. I went off plan quite a bit. Went back up another 5 lbs. So starting last week, I found a second wind and am back on plan again. We went in for our weekly appointment. My good work put me down over 3.5 lbs this week!

One thing I've learned is that for the plan to work for ME, I have to adapt a few things. Like ... I'm willing to take a 3 mile walk to Denny's if the reward is a strawberry waffle! Sure, it's not on plan. But it is part of the stuff that makes life fun and worth living. The walk and talk with my husband. The yummy food. The overall experience.

But to get to have that little pleasure, I must be persistent the rest of the week.

It's worth it. It does pay off.

No comments: