Wednesday, August 27, 2008

On My Desk - Hats, Hats & More Hats

If it's Wednesday, it's time for another installment of On My Desk
I've missed this the last couple weeks!


Today's desk? The table in our family library.

Hats, Hats & More Hats

These are the hats I've made since the first of the month. I took my looms with me on my trip because I thought knitting hats would be a fairly mindless way to pass the time and keep my nervous hands busy while my friend had her medical procedure.

I knit at the hospital. I knit when we returned to her residence. I knit as we watched movies together. I knit as I tried to get over jet lag and return to Pacific Daylight Time. I knit as my daughter and I caught up on our favorite recorded TV shows. And I've been knitting all through the Democratic National Convention coverage.

That's an average of knitting one hat every two days. It's been a great way to use up spare skeins of yarn.

But see those fuzzy purple hats at the top of the photo? Those are the direct result of my best friend's enabling abilities. She took me to a Job Lots store -- a new experience for me -- and we bought those skeins for only $2.00 each.

:: sigh ::

It's far easier to purchase additional supplies than it is to use up the stash on the shelf. But I'll continue making a valiant effort.

Sure hope there are lots of kids and teens out there that need warm hats this winter.

-

p.s. You think I'll ever get back to cross-stitch? I'm starting to twitch, so perhaps I'll stitch again before too long.

No comments: