Friday, August 1, 2008

Sisters ... Sisters

I missed "On My Desk" this week because I was not at home on Wednesday. I traveled down to Pullman, WA to visit with my sister Eleanore's family. Her daughter moved there recently. So my sister, her husband and her youngest daughter drove over from Portland, OR for a visit. I drove down to meet them. We had a very nice picnic in the park.


I hadn't seen my big sis in a while. At least one year. Maybe three? I know I saw her in June 2005. Since then, she's earned her master's degree. So impressive!

We had a nice but all-too-short visit. Was good for the cousins to spend some time together. I was pleased to meet my grand-nephew.

Mostly, I enjoyed walking and talking with my sister and getting her perspective and wisdom. She's a neat lady. I'm grateful to have a sis like her. (And I've always envied her red hair!)

1 comment:

Kathryn in NZ said...

Now that both my sister and I have children, the 7 year age gap has disappeared - and I love the relationship we have now. I also love it when my girls and DH's nieces get together, plus I get on really well with my SiLs on DH's side. Don't hit it off with my brother's wife at all unfortunately. We are on completely different planets. Sad. But it has made me value what I have with the others in my extended family - so it's not all bad!
BTW, I was reading a Doctoral explication yesterday that yelled "Cameo, Cameo" at me - would your firewall cope if I sent it to you? It's over a MB in size....