Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sunday Secrets: Aug 03, 2008

PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard. I find it to be an amazing sociological experiment. These secrets gave me a chuckle or an 'ahhhh' today:

I learned passive-aggressive behavior from other masters in my family of origin. It tickles me -- in an evil sort of way -- to see how other people exhibit similar behavior. Sad, really ... as a way of feeling like we haven't given all our power away.


Oh, man! This reminds me of working for the worst boss in the world in my early days of being a single parent. Two of us quit on the spot, on the same day. Those folks DESERVED to be up shit creek for the way they treated their employees.


Sometimes I still burst into tears in the market. Usually, when I see a middle-aged woman trying to be patient with her aging mother who is leaning on the grocery cart for support and relishing her one outing of the week that does not have something to do with medical care.

Why? Because it reminds me of my last year with my own mom.




To Danny W:
Please don't forget the day we played in the autumn leaves in the city park.

To Rick S:
Please don't forget the summer evening we spent at Huntington Beach.

To Wayne T:
Please don't forget skinny dipping in Lake Coeur d'Alene.

To Tim M:
Please don't forget the Spring day you picked me up at John Wayne airport.

To Tony W:
Please don't forget the day we hiked to the waterfall.

To Duncan C:
Please don't forget the night we read Scientific American and listened to classical music.

To Paul S:
Please don't forget the day we heard Beethoven's 9th at UC Irvine.

To Rick L:
Please don't forget yellow pancakes in Napa Valley.

To Chris L:
Please don't forget camping with your brother and sister.

To Vijay A:
Please don't forget our final ride to the Spokane airport.

To S. F.:
Please don't forget the night you helped me slay a dragon.

To all the men I've loved and decided not to marry:
Please don't forget what made me special to you, and vice versa.

I haven't forgotten.

No comments: