Monday, September 1, 2008

Bypassing the Roadblocks


If you've never seen FOUND magazine, I suggest you go take a look.

The premise is that people leave interesting tidbits behind ... trash that didn't make it into the trash can, notes to themselves, to do lists, old photos, drawings. Other people happen to cross paths with theses tidbits. Out of context of who they were written for or where they were written, or who appears in the photos or what captions have been added, the tidbits take on new meaning, or inspire curiosity, or elicit other emotions.

Those who find the tidbits send them in to the magazine with a note about where the item was found and perhaps a few remarks about the emotion that it elicited.

Like PostSecret, it's another view into humanity. The things we leave behind tell much about this society to which we belong.

I like the quotation above. It's some fairly positive self-talk. It's a way to say, "Buck up, kiddo. I'm stronger than I think I am. I can do this thing."

No comments: