Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Friends


The sad truth of my life is the my closest friends live so very far away. I wish I had a girlfriend here in town that I could bum around with, go shopping with, talk about kids with, go to a movie.

The good friends I do have are precious gems to me. I try to keep in touch as I can, as my heart allows.

Today, one of my friends has a birthday. I sent a card. But I've not received a response for over two years now. I miss that contact, that back and forth.

But the friendship lasts.

Happy Birthday, old friend.

Friends, friends, friends
We will always be
Whether in fair or in dark stormy weather
We're all friends, and we're all together


3 comments:

Kathryn in NZ said...

Enquiring minds had to know - am I your furthest away (distance-wise) friend?
hugs!!

CameoRoze (Margaret) said...

You are, Kathryn!
Indeed you are!
Cameo @-->-->---

Kathryn in NZ said...

Cool!!! Made my day :)
more hugs from downunder for ya...