Wednesday, September 10, 2008

On My Desk - Taco Salad

If it's Wednesday, it's time for another installment of On My Desk

Today's desk? The kitchen counter.

Taco Salad

My oldest daughter and her husband are visiting for the first time in a year. It's a treat they gave themselves as a graduation present. Mathew earned his bachelor's degree; Jeanne earned her associate's degree.

Just this once, Jeanne is spending that night here at our home while Mathew takes some time with his best friend and mom.

Doing what we do naturally as mother and daughter, Jeanne and I ended up in the kitchen making dinner together. She's become a better cook since getting married! Now she is even giving me some recipe tricks. We chatter and laugh and share our lives, chips, olives and fresh guacamole.

It's good to have my boisterous girl in the house again for a little while.

No comments: