Thursday, October 16, 2008

Come On, Get Happy!


Do you remember the Partridge Family theme song, "Come On, Get Happy"?
[Yikes! I'm dating myself!]

That was the first thing to pop into my mind this morning when I opened this quotation.

I think there's a lot to it, though. I did this exercise once:

  1. Get a friend / partner
  2. One of you is the guinea pig. Stand with your arms stretched out to your sides. Whatever you do, try to keep your arms stretched out and strong.
  3. Think of a sad or difficult situation.
  4. Have your partner grab hold of your wrists and try to pull your arms down. See what happens.
  5. Keep standing with your arms stretched out to your sides. Now think of a really happy situation.
  6. Have your partner grab hold of your wrists and try to pull your arms down. See what happens.
Generally speaking, you will have much more strength and energy to keep your arms out when you are thinking your happy thought than when you're consumed in the sadness.

Happiness really does give you strength ... and it all begins with the thoughts you choose to carry in your head. Come on, get healthy!

No comments: