Monday, October 13, 2008

What I Learned Through the Lens


This is a great description. It captures the essence of what I learned on my Creative Journey concerning photography.

I learned that the more photos I took, the more I found my visual voice.

I learned that details matter to me. It's what captures my attention in macro photography.

I learned I enjoy photographing nature and objects more than people. They are more patient with a new photographer and don't object so loudly when you catch their flaws.

I learned that I love capturing flaws. I love showing that even though the world is not perfect, it's still beautiful.

I learned how important it is to me to capture what beauty I see in the world and reflect it back to others.

I learned that in my own way, I am an artist.
Perhaps ... an Artist of the Everyday.
And I'm beginning to believe in the value of that calling.

No comments: