Thursday, November 20, 2008

Incredible Edible

One of the things I love most about blogging is getting familiar with blogs of other creative people. There is so much inspiration to be gleaned from poking around the sites of artists, designers, needleworkers, photographers and other crafty types.

What really strikes me as odd is when I get inspired to do something in the kitchen after reading a blog. I mean, I'm a very decent cook. Yet spending time in the kitchen is not one of my favorite past times. Still ... baking is something I enjoy quite a bit.

So look what Vicki of Turkey Feathers inspired me to bake!

Dutch Apple Pie

You can find the recipe at All Recipes. It's a winner!

What I love about it most is that it has a full bottom crust, but the top reminds me of the apple crisp my mom used to make. The secret lies in the way you wrap the Granny Smith apple pie up in parchment before popping it in the oven.

Ohmygod! This is SO GOOD ... that I had to make a second. And then I made a peach pie with the same kind of topping. And I have enough Granny Smiths for a third pie. For Thanksgiving, perhaps? (Whoops! There goes the weight loss plan! SO worth it!)

The pie is sweet and tart and crispy and to die for! If you get inspired to bake this beauty yourself, let me know!

1 comment:

Carolyn NC said...

Ok, I might just have to bite (LOL). This looks absolutely scrumptious!