Sunday, November 2, 2008

Like Polo and Lindbergh


I doubt my name will go down in the annals of history like Marco Polo or Charles Lindbergh. I am not one to do great things in the eyes of the world. I so admire those that take the risks and go against the grain, then accomplish great things.

So instead, I blog. My tenuous steps into bravery come in revealing little bits of myself through my writing, burp out my philosophy of life and my questions about my own existence a morsel at a time.

When I began this blog, I didn't know I'd share of myself this way. I thought I'd just show of what I do, not who I am.

But is it possible to do one without the other? Hmmm. Not inside this skin.

Putting fingers to keyboard every day, showing my needlework, my photos ... even my cooking triumphs ... is my own way of crawling down the cliff, holding on to scrub branches and rocks as I scrape my way down.

I wonder ... what would it be like to jump and fly and figure it out as I go? That sounds like "Plan B" on steroids. It sounds much less controlled than where my comfort zone snoozes.

I do like that image, though. Jumping off the edge of the cliff and building wings on the way down. Is it bravery? Or foolhardy? Is it exploration? Or a near-death experience?

Either way, there'd be a lot of endorphins available to flood my brain.

That alone makes it enticing.

No comments: