Wednesday, November 5, 2008

On My Desk - More Quilt Tops

If it's Wednesday, it's time for another installment of On My Desk

Today's desk? The work tables at Quilters


Most Wednesday mornings you'll find me at St. George's church, working with the Quilters. We have only about six more weeks to get a truckload of quilts ready to donate to our local food bank. Warm the tummies, warm the tootsies.

So today my buddy Susan and I laid out three more quilts. I forgot to get a snapshot of the first one. It was new for us because the focal fabric depicted the Jewish holidays.

Then we did this quilt that had three fabrics in very muted tones and the pop of yellow-orange for interest. Unfortunately, the photo doesn't do this justice. That yellow-orange was so vibrant against the other fabrics that the quilt almost pulsated.

Finally, we laid out this quiet holiday lap robe — just the right size to tuck around the knees of our elderly friends in wheelchairs at a local nursing facility.

I adore this focal fabric depicting a cold winter scene. It reminds me very much of the Palouse here in Idaho.

1 comment:

Carolyn NC said...

These are so pretty - I know they will be much appreciated.