Monday, December 29, 2008

Macro Monday - Christmas Elf


Macro Monday is easy to play,
snap a macro (or close-up) photo,
post it on your blog
then go to Lisa's Chaos and sign Mr Linky.




The Christmas Elf

I made this stocking for a gift exchange.
It holds a bottle of sparkling cider
and an invitation to lunch.


She started out flat, of course.
I stitched her on a muslin towel,
then sewed her into shape.

She's a sweetie.
As is her dolly.


Who couldn't love a face like that?
[Complete with purple smudges from the tracing
that hadn't evaporated yet.]
I like to think she got into the grape jelly.

She a darling, all right ...
All the way down to her toes!

8 comments:

Sheila @ Dr Cason.org said...

She's adorable!

I've aways wanted to get back into doing needlework, Maybe when the kids are older.

I'm afraid they'd poke an eye out and if I wait until they go to sleep- I'm too tired!

Kaytabug said...

Wow, not only are those great macros but what fantastic needlework too!

June said...

I admire this sort of handiwork so...this is really sweet!

Jan said...

She's really cute. What a great idea. I'm sure this stocking will be in use for years to come.

Gattina said...

Very very cute ! what a nice presentation !

Kerri Farley said...

Oh I LOVE the stocking!!

Sherrie said...

Hi!
She's beautiful!!! You done a great job! Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great New Year!!

Sherrie

Unknown said...

You do great work! She's sweet!