Monday, December 22, 2008

Macro Monday - Christmas Ornaments


Macro Monday is easy to play,
snap a macro (or close-up) photo,
post it on your blog
then go to Lisa's Chaos and sign Mr Linky.


On the Christmas Tree


We set up our Christmas tree this afternoon. Taking the tissue paper off each ornament is a precursor to Christmas morning, each ornament a renewed gift to oooooo and ahhhhhhh over. Most of our ornaments are handmade by me and the girls.

The graceful beaded spider waits for Christmas like Charlotte.


There's a set of faux stained glass, sparkling in the lights.

Another set? Wooden animals given to me by the
Children's Library staff when I moved from California to Idaho.

A sweet cottage painted by my sister
when she was a very young navy wife.

A miniature stocking designed by Just Nan, stitched by me.

Bread dough ornaments sculpted from cookie cutters.
These were made on a very memorable day
at the dining room table with my three little girls.

A Very Merry Christmas to All!

5 comments:

June said...

I remember having a bread dough ornament or two...didn't realize they were still being done. Nice pics...happy holidays!

Jama said...

I't so lovely having all handmade ornaments. I'm not a christian, but I just love looking at beautifully decorated trees here in the malls.

Wishing you and your family a happy and joyous Christmas.

Unknown said...

I love all of them! I especially love the Santa! Merry Christmas!

Terri said...

What charming ornaments! It's the thing I miss about not having a tree these past ten years or so. Great photos. Merry Christmas!

CoCo said...

Those are great! LOVE the spider ornament! Did you make it? It's just beautiful!!

Hope you had a lovely Christmas & wishing you a very Happy New Year.